Monday, October 4, 2010

Food For Thought


Assalamualaikum

I will continue to write from time to time about giving and sharing because I think they will benefit us. Hope you like them...

1. A generous man was approached by a young lady asking money for her sick child. He gave her the money. Later on, a friend of the generous man came and told him that he had a bad news for him. The generous man ask what it is. The friend said that, the woman is a liar. Her child was not sick at all. The generous man smile and said.." That's not a bad news. That is a good news!"..

2. When I just join my presence job, I have to pressure a bit people around me(not just my staff) , so that we can deliver on time. This might upset some of them. I notice that one very senior staff need to be reminded frequently to do the task. Whenever I see him, he will ask me to come again and remind him later on. . He is not my staff, he is senior so it could be the way to show his seniority.But I patiently reminded him nicely over and over again. A few days ago, he asked me whether I want the task given to be completed earlier and he willing to do that!

3. From time to time, I will hang around with my brothers. We have drinks and nice chat and I love to pay for the bill. But when I go out with my friends, they are the one who pay for the bills most of the time. Sometime when I can't join them, they even ask me anything that I want that they want to buy for me!

4. How did I got my present job? The interviewer ask many questions and I impress them with the answers until one question about FX trading. Without hesitant, I told him frankly that I just an average FX trader. That's not my strength, my strength bla la bla...and guess what? The interviewer impress with my honesty and hire me. He even said that most people will say that they can do all sort of things but when come to real world, they do not deliver, but I'm brave to tell the truth!

5. When I just join my organisation, peole warn me to be careful with one high ranking guy. He is a tough guy and like to exploit people -that what people think. I notice many people don't like him but I be neutral to him. I always think that he is just not suitable to Malaysian culture (he worked long at oversea). I even invite him to have lunch together. After not long, he resigned and join a new company for higher post. After few months he contacted me and offered me jobs with a big jump in salary!


And gods now better..

No comments:

Post a Comment